TASO Training Centre offers training courses that are categorized into two main types, scheduled courses and tailor-made courses.
Scheduled courses have a set curricular and are conducted either on dates set out in the course calendar for the year or run on request from our partners.
On the other hand, tailor-made courses are designed basing on the specific training needs of particular partners/stakeholders and are conducted on dates and venues agreed upon by the parties.
There are a number of exiting courses on offer in 2017 covering both medical and psychosocial and community care of HV and AIDS and these are;
- ART Programme Management
- Principles and Practice of ART
- Paediatric HIV/AIDS Care and Treatment
- Clinical Management of HIV/AIDS
- Comprehensive HIV/AIDS Care and ART
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management of Medical Commodities
- STI /STD Management
- Automated Laboratory Equipment and Utilisation course
- Good Clinical Practice
- Good Clinical Laboratory Practice
- TB-HIV Co-management Course
- HIV Prevention Intervention Course
- Bio-safety and Bio-risk management for Health Care workers
- Supervisory Skills Development for Heads of Department & Team Leaders
- Research Methods for the Health Care Professional
Psycho-social/Community Care Courses
- HIV and AIDS Counseling Course
- Child and Adolescent Counseling Course
- TOT in HIV and AIDS Community Care Course
- Adolescent Counseling on Sexual and Reproductive Health
- HIV Counselor Supervisors Course
- Trauma Counseling
- Counselor Refresher Course
The course dates, training venues and course fees are available in this link. TASO Course Calendar 2017.
To apply, one needs to fill and return an application form to TASO Training Centre at the address given below. Application Forms can be accessed in this link and from the different TASO Training Units listed here, TASO Centres of Excellence (CoE)in; Entebbe, Gulu, Jinja, Masaka, Masindi Mbale, Mbarara, Mulago, Rukungiri, Soroti and Tororo.
TASO Training Centre, Kanyanya
Off Gayaza Road, After Mpererwe Trading Centre
Tel: 256 414 567637/256 392 767637/0752774191
Fax: 256 414 566704