The AIDS Support Organization (TASO) has over 26 years of undisputed service in the management and programming for HIV prevention, care, treatment and support. That period of service and continued innovation has resulted into a wealth of knowledge, attitudes and skills relevant to HIV and AIDS response. TASO is committed to sharing its experience with other partners, individuals and communities through various methods which include among others;
- Formal didactic teaching through various counseling, medical and community care courses that are grounded on TASO’s experiences and service delivery models.
- Hands-on mentoring and coaching of various cadres of staff from other agencies through special programs.
- Giving students from abroad exposure to the Ugandan environment with particular emphasis to HIV care and programming.
- Providing internship opportunities to undergraduate and postgraduate students from various universities and other institutions of higher learning
Through the above interventions, TASO has made a tremendous contribution to the development of human resources for health care service provision at various levels in Uganda and elsewhere. The Internship programme is designed to benefit the following categories of people among others for a period ranging from one week to three (3) months;
- University/College students desiring to obtain practical experience as part of their training.
- Students undertaking courses conducted by TASO
- Employees of other agencies/institutions/ organizations involved in HIV/AIDS service delivery who want to improve their competence and implementation strategies through hands-on learning in TASO.
TASO has over 20 year’s experience as one of those at the forefront of building capacity in the field of HIV and AIDS. In order to create more avenues for information and experience sharing, TASO has an internship program for those who might be interested in gaining more insight into the field of HIV and AIDS.